Organization administrators can add and remove contributor seats from Billing located in the left-hand navigation.
Administrators manage subscription charges based on the number of seats they’d like to have for their organization.
When you add contributor seats to your account, your payment method on record is automatically billed a pro-rated amount for that seat based on your billing cycle and subscription. Once the pro-rated amount has been charged, the monthly or annual charges will update to reflect the new number of contributor seats for your organization.
This seat-based billing format enables administrators to assign and re-assign contributor seats based on team needs, anytime. Billing changes will only occur if an administrator adds or removes contributor seats, regardless of who occupies the seats.
- Example billing scenario for an annual Business subscription. Propeller, Inc. subscribed on January 1 to the annual Business plan for 5 seats, making their first bill 900 USD. On March 1, Propeller adds 2 new members as contributors to their organization and they’re automatically charged an additional 300 USD for the remainder of the annual billing cycle for the new contributors. The following annual bill will update to 1,200 USD.
- Example billing scenario for a monthly Starter subscription. Propeller, Inc. subscribed on January 1 to the monthly Starter plan for 5 seats, making their first bill 50 USD. On March 1, Propeller adds 1 new member as a contributor to the organization and they’re automatically charged an additional 10 USD for the month for the new contributor. The monthly bill will update to 60 USD each month moving forward.
The same logic applies if you remove a contributor from your organization; we credit your account based on the remaining time in the billing cycle. Credits are automatically applied to your next invoice before a new charge is made, so you don’t have to do anything to use it.
- Open the desktop app or visit the web app.
- Select Billing from the left-hand navigation.
- Use Remove Seats or Add Seats from the first table under Your Plan.
- Complete the following form to confirm pricing adjustments and credits based on the changes you need.
You’re welcome to assign and re-assign contributors to different team members or guests within your organization at anytime. Billing adjustments are only made if you add or remove seats.
Billing cycles start the day an organization subscribes to a Business or Starter plan, then renews monthly or annually on the same date. We send out reminders ahead of time to remind you about upcoming charges.
For example, if you sign up for a monthly plan on July 11, the credit card on file will be charged on the 11th of each month. If you sign up for an annual plan on July 11, the credit card on file will be charged automatically the following year on July 11.
If you update the number of contributor seats or switch subscriptions during a billing cycle, you’ll be charged or credited a pro-rated amount. If you need to switch to a plan at a lower price point or if you remove seats, your account will be automatically credited for the difference and we’ll detract from that credit prior to making additional charges to your card on file.